We love fonts, but we also love Ornaments!
Be sure to check out the awesome Ornaments and Borders pack at Vectorian.net.
The Brush Borders are impressive. It's the best ornament pack out there.
And they were lovely vectorized by hand, not just autotraced.
How do you manage your font collection?
We love FindmyFont.com.
It's not specifically a font manager, but we like it for a number of reasons:
- No iTunes like library management
We don't want the font manager to mess around with our files.
FindMyFont allows us to browse our fonts without shuffling them around.
- We don't want Auto-Activation. We like to activate the fonts ourselves.
- It's super fast. Probably the fastest one.
- The built-in font identification capability is awesome!
- You can browse fonts by Similarity! This is also awesome! We use it all the time.
You will need to do a little bit of configuration first:
You need to create your "sets", so the program knows where do you store your fonts.
It's quite easy, and once the Sets are created, you are ready to go.
You can start browsing your fonts, and finding similar fonts right away.
I'm quite trained in font identifications, so I would say that to me, the super fast browsing ability is more important. But also, the identification ability comes very handy when looking for font alternatives.
- The font identification is done from an image
- it identifies fonts both from your PC and a custom online database of 70.000+ fonts
The logo is a bit ugly, but the program is Awesome! Trust me on this!
If you are not sure, you can also try the 30 days free version first. Mac and Windows.