Drag and Drop Font Testing Page
The Font Testing Page is a tool primarily intended for type designers and independent foundries. It can also be used by art directors, graphic designers, teachers and students interested in seeing how a typeface works on the web.
There is a short video at:
Operation is simple:
- Just Drag the font you want to try to the upper area of the Testing Page.
Below you will find 8 buttons: Headlines, Text, Lowercase Only, Adhesion Only, Caps, All Caps, Layout and Kern.
- Headlines: Displays examples: 72, 60, 48, 36 and 30 to 12.
- Text: Displays text blocks, from 20 to 10.
- Adhesion: Shows examples using only 'adhesion' text. Intended for the early stages on a typeface design.
- Hamburgefonstiv Examples using 'Hamburgefonstiv' text.
- Lowercase only: Displays examples of 72, 60, 48, 36, 30, 24, 18 and 16 to 10.
- Caps: Displays examples of words in Sentence Case at 60.
- All Caps: Displays examples of words in All-Caps at 60.
- Layout: Displays examples of Headline, Subhead and Body text.
- Kern: Displays examples of combinations of letters and miscellaneous signs.
- Latin: Diacritics for 103 Latin languages, pangrams and text samples.
- Non-Latin: Examples in arabic, armenian, greek, hebrew and +10 Non-Latin languages
- Hinting: Basic Char-set at different sizes to check for hinting problems
Use it freely at:
- Requires Firefox 3.6+/Chrome 13+
- 100% safe: Your fonts are only stored in your own browser 'localStorage'.
- Nothings gets uploaded to the server.
Source source code is now at:
We hope this will allow people to suggest changes more easily, and participate more
Font Testing Page v6 by Pablo Impallari (impallari.com) and Pablo Cosgaya (omnibus-type.com).
Based on Fontdrag (fontdragr.com) and Dave Crossland's FontTest.
Kerning string by James Montalbano (terminaldesign.com).
Latin text by Eduardo Tunni (tipo.net.ar).
Pangrams from Wikipedia.
Project Members: PabloImpallari
March 10 at 9:35 pm by PabloImpallari
August 31, 2012 at 3:42 am by PabloImpallari
August 24, 2012 at 3:56 am by PabloImpallari
August 22, 2012 at 7:55 pm by PabloImpallari
May 9, 2012 at 6:43 am by PabloImpallari
May 5, 2012 at 4:37 am by PabloImpallari